Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I love crochet!

I recently had the pleasure of talking with my friend Amanda of Amanda's Patch about my love for crochet.  You might enjoy reading my responses to her thought provoking questions, and seeing some of my projects I have not posted here.  You might also enjoy seeing Amanda's projects, so be sure to check out her shop!

In particular, I had to find a way to verbalize what I like about crochet.  It sounds easy, doesn't it?  I found it a complicated question.  Crochet is in a category all by itself for me.  It's not like jewelry making, that I enjoy but comes and goes in phases.  It's not like painting, or building fairy houses, or stenciling, sewing, cross-stitching or any of the other crafty projects that catch my eye every now and then.

No, there's something special about crochet for me... so what is it?

Giving it some thought, I realized that for me crochet is more than a project.  It's more than a product I can have pride in.  It's more than a way to creatively kill time.  For me, it's a way to use up nervous energy, a way to relax my busy mind, a way to show someone I care, a way to channel my emotions.

So much wrapped up in a ball of yarn!

Thanks Amanda, for asking what you thought was a simple question and enabling me to connect with my own complicated answer.

1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome... and THANK YOU for being so open and honest. You certainly inspired me to get the crochet out again, and this weekend I got going on a ripple blanket again and instead of focussing on "getting it done", I just focussed on "stitch, stitch, stitch" and enjoyed it far more xx

    ReplyDelete