Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Even MORE silly hats!

You can tell that October is prescribed burn month here in the woods... the air is smoky and horrible, and I tend to spend less time on the computer, and more time in the window seat mindlessly crocheting.

Sometimes it's a fun thing, like finding myself in the mood for more silly hats.  I blame Lisa after she sent me a link to this hat.  I took it as a challenge and had to make one!

That got me thinking about holidays, and thinking I'd put the turkey before the dressing and I'd better backtrack to Halloween.

Hence, a sweet pumpkin and some monster hats.

Rumbling through my patterns I found photos of character hats I had been intending to make... Pirate Mickey, a Smurf...




... and this yellow guy most folks will recognize.  (It's too funny that my grandson was wearing a SpongeBob t shirt the day the hats arrived!)

Just when I thought I was done with silly hats, but the Weekly Challenge for Hogwarts on Ravelry was to make something representing the Giant Squid at the bottom of the Black Lake.  What could I do?  Yep, I made a hat.








Last but certainly not least, I improvised this Toad hat as part of a Halloween costume that also included a vest.  Not bad considering I worked from a photo.  Hopefully, we'll get a trick or treating photo.

1 comment:

  1. This Toad Costume is the most awesome thing I've seen!
    I know this is from 2011, but way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete