Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

... but seriously folks!

 
Ok, perhaps not SO seriously, but more seriously than silly hats.  Have you seen the movie Spaceballs?  Why do I feel like my daughter might walk in on my son-in-law playing with dolls?  Because he now has his own jedi.

Hmm... which Star Wars characters should be next?

This monkey is getting ready to attend a toga party in the Slytherin Dungeons.  I hear that after the toga party, he changed into his Count Monkula costume and went to visit Donna!

I also sent Donna some of my Nearly Headless Necklaces, they are a lot creepier than I thought they'd be.  I think it's the changing color in the yarn.  What do you think?

Creepy right?!
It almost matches the scoodie (scarf with a hood) and shrug I made for Amanda.

The biggest projects of the month though were for Steve... since the weather is chilly but not yet COLD, I made this aran style blanket out of lightweight yarn to leave on his chair.

When I found The Crochet Dude's pattern for a cubana style sweater, I had to make one for Steve.  It reminds me of the striped shirts worn by Charlie Harper in Two and a Half Men...

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have the pattern for the crocheted aran blanket -- all the patterns I can find use bulky yarn and I want something finer than that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for my delay... I used a pattern called "Aran Diamonds" from a Leisure Arts booklet called "Aran Afghans to Crochet". You might be able to find it on their website.

      Delete