Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Friday, November 18, 2011

You turkey!

Thanksgiving is upon us.  Who can resist the autumn colors and feasting with family and friends?  I hope everyone celebrating has a memorable day with lots of gratitiude, fun and laughter.

I'll have a long weekend while Steve has to work.  You know what that means... lots of crafting time!  It's a good thing because my project list is at least a mile long.
Speaking of lists a mile long, here's some of what I've been up to.  You know how we feel about hockey season, what do you think of Steve's new Sundogs hat?

It's actually the pattern for Ron's hat in the animal crackers scene in Order fo the Phoenix.  Instead of the patterned colorwork, I substituted my own chart that says "Go Sundogs!".  Steve mentioned a mowhawk and I thought I needed to try making one. 

I think it worked.  He got several comments and inquiries about where he bought it at this game.
This New College-Oxford scarf from silk/bamboo yarn is part of a scarf-along in a group chatting about A Discovery of Witches.  This story is rapidly becoming one of my favorites.  Geek that I am, I 'friended' the main characters Matthew Clairmont and Diana Bishop on facebook.  It cracks me up when fictional characters post status updates.

In the story, vampire Matthew wears an 'ancient New College scarf', so this is my interpretation of that scarf.  I made a hat to match.
Steve's silk scarf is in doppler effect stripes, as in Sheldon's halloween costume...

Last week, I made this sweater. It is quickly becoming my favorite, cozy and warm - but NOT itchy. :oP Hooray for clearance yarn.

Some fun christmas things in the works now, I'll share them soon!

Oh!  How could I forget my dragon scale bag... it matches the gauntlets and hood I made last month.  Such a cool stitch pattern, I'll have to find more ways to use it soon...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment