Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

They're goin' to Disneyland!

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was a kid."—Walt Disney

We love Disneyland.  I mean we really LOVE Disneyland.  I'm not sure why it's more than an amusement park, but I think its Walt's idea of a place where parents and kids can have fun together.  A happy place where the rest of the world falls away.

Every trip we make is more fun than the last.  With so many serious things happening in day to day life, a break full of childlike joy becomes even more important to share.

In a couple of weeks, we're planning a couple of magical days that will include not only my grandsons, but their cousins!  Since I have a tendency to express my excitement with yarn these days, I've made a few more trip related projects.

You might remember the checkered flag bags I made in honor of CarsLand.


They'll be put to good use along with these bags made especially for Megan and Brianna.

The pixie dust in the yarn doesn't show up well with my phone camera, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Each bag is lined with appropriate character fabric, and I couldn't resist making corresponding hair accessories to match.

It also seemed a good time to make this hat.










Being at Disneyland makes me feel happy and carefree... but every now and again, I *would* like my own minions to do my despicable bidding.  They're not Disney related, but they sure are funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment