Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

More PotterMania!

So... what did you think of Deathly Hallows, pt 2?
I loved it.

Of course I have issues with added scenes simply for special effects that have no real meaning (Harry pulling Tom off the ledge as if he knew he would be flown to safety in a swirl of black smoke.) and issues with details I wish they had included (Neville got his big scene with Nagini but it was a bit of a let down since no one saw him do it.)

But really... they are small issues compared to the overall feel of the Battle Between Good and Evil in 2 1/2 hours or less.
There's more news on the Potter front, in case you haven't heard.  Pottermore is currently in beta testing mode and will open to everyone in October.  It sounds like a fun way to keep the Potterverse alive.  JK Rowling promises it will have a lot of the background information she created for the books that readers haven't yet seen. 

Before you go there, yes, I am that big of a nerd and I signed up for the beta testing program.  I found my magic quill and everything!  I'll report more as I get to see more, but my understanding is that it could be a few weeks as they are still sorting testers for a few more days.

The timing is good because I've completed all my assignments on Ravelry.  I've a couple projects on the hook for now, but I'm saving the big ones for the new terms in September.

Do you have any Potter-y project ideas?  If so, leave a comment and let me know.  I'm always up for inspiration!

To see my previous Potter-y projects, just search this blog for the 'Potter' tag.

In the meantime, good thing I have the latest issue of Quidditch Today to keep me busy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Addie's going to be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous about Pottermore, or jealous because I have a centerfold of Viktor Krum?! :oP

    ReplyDelete