Welcome

Just For Fun is my way of sharing all the little things I like to do... from crafty things to thoughtful things!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ah-baloney.. from Weed

In 2009 I went on a road trip with some girfriends in northern California.  They were all wearing gorgeous pendants and let's be honest, teasing me mercilessly about not wearing any.  North of Shasta, CA (our main destination) is a town called Weed.  Seriously.  While checking out the hysterically funny local souvenirs (as you can imagine), I found this abalone shell heart pendant.  I thought it was beautiful, but of course.. the chain was waaaay too short.  As a part of my restringing project, I put it with several different strands of my grandmother's pearl beads.  I wear it quite often now!

No comments:

Post a Comment